Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

custom poller incident not generated but reached threshold

I have defined a custom poller to validate the if%util. It works correctly and change the node status when threshold is reached due to CustomPollingOnNodeCritical but it doesn't generate incident. There are no incident on incident browser (all incidents).

1. On custom poller Affect Node status is checked and Generate incident is checked with incident source object = custom polled instance.

2. Custom poller is in active state generating report correctly.

3. CustomPollCritical is active

I'm using NNM 10.00 on windows platform.

Any Idea?

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: custom poller incident not generated but reached threshold

under your collection policy do you have generate incident enabled ?

Have a nice day 🙂

Andy Kemp
I've lasted longer in the technology industry than most certifications.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Yes, generate incident is enabled and Incident Source object defined as a "Custom polled Instance".

I have tried to attach a jpg or png file but it gives me an error "The file CustomPollerCollection.png does not have a valid extension for an attachment and has been removed. *.jpg;*.JPG;*.jpeg;*.JPEG;*.gif;*.GIF;*.png;*.PNG are the valid extensions."

Regards.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Any other idea about this issue?

Regards.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Albert,

In your first post you said:

3. CustomPollCritical is active

what did you mean by this? 

Also the threshold configuration, what is it?   Time or Count based ( presumably Count ), what are the threshold and rearm values?  

In the monitoring workspace if you look at the instance collections for the policy are there some that are Critical?   If there are then try the following:

1) Under the Configuration workspace, configure the policy to be "Inactive" , save this configuration
2) Check the collections in monitoring and ensure they are no longer present.
3) Check the node(s) or interfaces and ensure there are no conclusions about collection thresholds on them
3) Now go back and reset the Policy configuration to be "Active"
4) under monitoring settings check the instances until they are polled and a result is displayed, if its over the threshold
    ensure the collection changes state, check the node/interface for a conclusion indicating the same, and then check
   the incident is created.

By setting the policy to be "Inactive" you are closing any outstanding incidents, removing any conclusions and reseting the Status on the source objects.  In effect, re initialising everything about the collection.

If the incident is still not seen, and the collection is critical, the conclusion is there, then I would review the incident configuration, it may be that there is a suppression configuration within it. 

If this still does not reveal a solution then I would suggest opening a case with us so we can take a closer look.

Hope this helps

Dave Y

MicroFocus Support
Viewed the Support tips? Search for "(NNMi) Support Tips" and order by Date to get the list
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of MicroFocus
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hi Dave,

I said CustomPollCritical is active because in configuration / incidents / Management event configuration the CustomPollCritical is enabled.

The threshold configuration is count based with high value 3, high value rearm 0 and hith trigguer count 1. Without low values. In fact the custom polled intances of the node show the if%util higher than 3 and the node is on critical state due to CustomPollingOnNodeCritical.

I have configured the policy on inactive state.

on custom polled instances have dissapeared the value and the node is in normal status.

I have activated the policy again

reviewed the custom polled instances of the node and the threshold is reached on third poll.

The status of the node have changed to critical

on Incident Browsing / all incidents there are no alarm

I proceed to open a case.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Albert,

Ok this is probably best.   When APA is creating the conclusions and setting the status it should also create the incident.  Some events tracing should show if it did get created and it may also show where it gets suppressed, but this all needs deeper investigation.

All the best

Dave Y

MicroFocus Support
Viewed the Support tips? Search for "(NNMi) Support Tips" and order by Date to get the list
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of MicroFocus
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.