Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

first patch released for NNMi 10

Dear All,

I had a question about the new NNMi 10 release.

We always try to hold back from the "bleeding egde" and prefer to wait for the first patch to eliminate some of the (inevitable) bugs.

Has the first patch been released for NNMi 10?

If not, is there a general feeling about the stability of the new platform. Is it recommended.

We are currently running NNM9.23.004 with iSPI Performance for Metrics.

Many thanks

Phil

0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Phil,

Patch 1 for NNMi 10.0 is being targeted for next month all being well.  This patch will also deliver a minor.minor release so the product will become 10.01 after installation - this is because it will be delivering more than just bug fixes.

As for folks' experiences, I will leave this up to others to comment on who are running it.

All the best

Dave Y

MicroFocus Support
Viewed the Support tips? Search for "(NNMi) Support Tips" and order by Date to get the list
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of MicroFocus
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Is there any update on release of v10 patch 1?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Edward,

I can't commit to a date due to our procedures however it should not be too much longer if all goes well.  We are in the final stages of the release process.

All the best

Dave Y

MicroFocus Support
Viewed the Support tips? Search for "(NNMi) Support Tips" and order by Date to get the list
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of MicroFocus
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hello All

Here are the links where you could find the patch for NNM 10 :

https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM01324914 (Linux)

https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM01324902 (Windows)

I hope this information helps you,

Regards,

Vincent Montenegro Mena
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi

When we look at the patch for Linux we are seeing,

Title :          Caspian NNMi 10.0x Patch1 for Linux

What is this Caspian?

Is there any NNMi installation which has keyword Caspian?

Please clarify.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Ramesh,

Caspian was the internal name for the 10.01 release which is what is also being provided in patch 1 for 10.00.   Mentioning this in the patch text was a mistake and we are trying to get it removed.   However you don't have to worry about it.  Patch 1 for 10.00 will deliver a set of bug fixes plus a few enhancements, which is why we need to role the minor.minor number.   Once patch 1 is installed you will see the product version reported as 10.01.

I hope this explains things

all the best

Dave Y

MicroFocus Support
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hello Ramesh

Caspian (as Dave has indicated), is just the name that HP LAB has decided to set for this new patch.

Regards,

Vincent Montenegro Mena
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.