Vikas_12 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

host mib values from hpux and sun system

Hi..

I am not getting any values for the host mib on hpux and sun servers...any ideas...

snmp is enabled...i get values for other mib parameters but for host mib..

any ideas...anyone...??

TIA

Vikas
0 Likes
8 Replies
ITC_Call_a_Smil Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: host mib values from hpux and sun system

Hello Vikas,

which snmp agent do you use? Only the Emanate SNMP Agent provides such mibs, I think.

Best regards

Allessandro
0 Likes
Vikas_12 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

This is standard mib2 and the default snmp agent which comes with the Sun OS or the hp-ux should support rfc1514 ....as I am getting values for other mib2

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

Hello Vikas,

unfurtunally you are wrong. I have tested it on a Solaris 8 box:

# /opt/OV/bin/snmpwalk ahbgtcl01x host
no MIB objects contained under subtree.

You need an other SNMP agent.

HTH

Allessandro
0 Likes
Vikas_12 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

but whn i do a snmpwalk

snmpwalk -c fjdfj i get values for the mib-2 oids....but not the oid for hostmib...

same on hp-ux box..11i which is my management server...which has the emanate agent..

Vikas
0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

Hello Vikas,

RFC 1213 is supported but the subtree host is NOT SUPPORTED by your snmp agents. If you want OS-near information for your boxes, try net-snmp.

HTH

Allessandro
0 Likes
Vikas_12 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi..

thanks for ur inputs.
I installed net-snmp on one of the solaris box...but I still do not get any values...is there some configuration requried after installing net-snmp??

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

Hello Vikas,

unfortunately you have to read the documents and make it on your own.

Allessandro
0 Likes
sam_111 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

HI Vikas,

The default snmp which is running in you HP-UX system does not have the host MIB. I had the same problem. I could do these things

IF you want to retrive host MIB values you have 2 options

1. Download netsnmp binary from net-snmp.org for HP-UX and install it. You can query Host MIB values. You have to stop the default snmp which is running.

2. Download netsnmp 5.1 with source code from net-snmp.org . Configure with host mib
example : ./configure --with-mib-modules= "host"

regards,

sam

"Hard Work always Pays off"
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.