Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

how nnmi Groups "Router Redundancy Group"

Hi folks,

i just wanted to understand on what basis nnmi calculates its members and grouping for HSRP and VRRP router redundancy concepts. does it polls specific RRG mib values and mapping the members in a group ?

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Re: how nnmi Groups "Router Redundancy Group"

Hi,

Kindly let me know what's exactly your NNMi version and also the detail of your device running RRG, then I may help you to get the infomation that you are concern.

Regards

Nga Do
SW Support Engineer | Network Node Manager I-Series

MicroFocus.com | @microfocus
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

am using 9.20 version and its a load riverbed app director load balancer device using VRRP is the protocol.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi, also i have seen some strange behaviours in NNMi,  it displays one of vip is the group name under vrrp group members. and for any state change alerts, NNM says group's vip as the source object of the alert.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

RRG's are identified by the MIB Table entries as the IP address that they are participating to cover, their current status, and the other peers that the protocol has received registration messages.

Have a nice day 🙂

Andy Kemp
I've lasted longer in the technology industry than most certifications.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Hello,

in many cases it is helpful to run a configuration poll with the "verbose" option as it shows the used values (option for nnmconfigpoll.ovpl or parameter for the web config poll (&verbose=1)).

HTH and kind regards

Allessandro

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.