Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

how to configure nnmi to use DNS names on each nodes / inventory section ManagentAddress is blank

Hi,

i am running NNMi 10.20 in my environment ,and has lot of snmp, no snmp, and server have configured, if i goes to " inventory | management address " section  in nnmi console, i have lot of blank fields in the column, those all are from non snmp nodes, in such case, how do i configure nnmi to use dns address as IP address or Host Name. so that i can use the inventory effectively with hostname and IP address field.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: how to configure nnmi to use DNS names on each nodes / inventory section ManagentAddress is bla

Hello bebu,

NNMi only adds a Management IP address to a node if the node supports SNMP. The Management IP address is associated with the SNMP agent on that node.

HTH and kind regards

Allessandro

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.