LuiR Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

how to update custom poller extension packs (10.00 to 10.10)

Jump to solution

Hi

After updating our iSPI (metrics) to version 10.10 i noticed that all my custom poller extension packs were not updated. They are in "dead" state when showing the ETL status. Interface and component health are updated and working fine.

in the prspi.log it shows erros like this:

Incompatible ExtensionPack version. ExtensionPack Version (10.00) must match Product Version (10.10). ETL NOT started. ExtensionPack must be upgraded.

This is kind of strange as i didnt have to update these when i updated from 9.24 to 10.00...

tried running, "metricsExtensionPacks.ovpl install", that gives a few errors/info:

INFO: installTopoMetricIndex: The destination metric file (E:/Program Files (x86)/HP/HP BTO Software/nonOV/cognos/bi/webapps/p2pd/servlet/PerfSPI/Help_Pages/en/PerfSPI/Subsystems/CMTS_SIGNAL_NOISE_REPORT/Content/Topo_Metric_Dictionary.html) does not exist. No link will be generated.

and

ERROR: ExtensionPack was made on another version of NPS: CMTS_SIGNAL_NOISE_REPORT
WARN: Version of Extension Pack does not match current version: 10.00 , 10.10

I have also tried forcing it too update using installExtensionPack.ovpl with -f update

E:\Program Files (x86)\HP\HP BTO Software\NNMPerformanceSPI\bin>installExtensionPack.ovpl -e "E:\Program Files (x86)\HP\HP BTO Software\NNMPerformanceSPI\extensionpacks\CISCO-CAT6K-CROSSBAR-OutUtil.tar.gz" -f update
INFO: '-f update' provided, forcing update
INFO: Validating ExtensionPack version
FATAL: Stacktrace: 0. E:\Program Files (x86)\HP\HP BTO Software\NNMPerformanceSPI\bin\installExtensionPack.ovpl:204 [NPS::npslog::FATAL()]
FATAL: Stacktrace: 1. E:\Program Files (x86)\HP\HP BTO Software\NNMPerformanceSPI\bin\installExtensionPack.ovpl:76 [main::extractFiles()]
FATAL: Incompatable ExtensionPack version. ExtensionPack Version (10.00) must match Product Version (10.10)
Died at E:\Program Files (x86)\HP\HP BTO Software\/nonOV/Perl/a/lib/site_perl/NPS/npslog.pm line 194.

What can i do, to get these updated and going again?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
LuiR Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: how to update custom poller extension packs (10.00 to 10.10)

Jump to solution

I had to open the report groups, add an empty collection, remove that again and then save the report group again. (guess it needed to detect a change to recreate the new CFG files).

Anyways. problem is resolved. Thans for your suggestions.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Acclaimed Contributor.. AndyKemp Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

Well the second I can assist you with right now as its not needed Cat6K crossbar fabric stats are now part of normal collection so its not needed to be collected by custom polling.

Have a nice day 🙂

Andy Kemp
I've lasted longer in the technology industry than most certifications.
0 Likes
LuiR Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Well thats nice, but thats not the only extension pack ive got...

Ive got about 10 exported custom polled collections, all with same issues.

0 Likes
VeronicaGismero Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello,

In the upgrade section of the Deployment Reference 10.10 version available at KM01887578 the following command is mentioned: "initializeNPS.ovpl -a InitializeCustomCollections", pag 77.

In the reference page for initializeNPS.ovpl:

InitializeCustomCollections
           Initializes custom extensionpack configuration on NNMI Share so that when ETL starts, it can re-generate the custom extension pack.

Have this command been executed?

Please make sure you have a full backup before performing any change in your system.

Best Regards

Veronica Gismero

The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HP
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution. If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS and show your appreciation.

Micro Focus Support
0 Likes
LuiR Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi

Tried that before, it says:

E:\Program Files (x86)\HP\HP BTO Software\NNMPerformanceSPI\bin>initializeNPS.ovpl -a InitializeCustomCollections
INFO: Initializing custom collection metadata
INFO: Extension pack directory does not exist, no custom collections found

I think that it has "installed" them, the problem maybe that they are just not updated. (they are included in the ETLstatus, but in DEAD state)

Ive got a case going with support about it. So far we found a problem on the NNM side, it seems that NNM is not updating the .latest cfg files and the timestamp.cfg files are missing entirely in OV/shared/PerfSPI/datafiles/extension/final/ on the NNM.

"The .latest files are used by the Custom Poller Bus Adapter on the NNMi side and the time stamped ones are used by NPS."

Support suggested opening my custom poller report groups and simply just save them again for NNM to recreate the "timestamp and latest cfg files", but that is not happening. However if i create a new group for testing, that will create .latest and timestamp.cfg files.

0 Likes
Highlighted
LuiR Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

I had to open the report groups, add an empty collection, remove that again and then save the report group again. (guess it needed to detect a change to recreate the new CFG files).

Anyways. problem is resolved. Thans for your suggestions.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.