Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

increment in ifInErrors

NNM 10.2x

Is there any possibility of writing custom poller to monitor ifInErrors and ifOutErrors MIB variables when there is increment in the values of above counters.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Re: increment in ifInErrors

Hello 

When you created a Customer Poller, in the MIB Variables tab, click on the New icon to define a new variable or expression.

In the MIB Expression attribute, click New to open a New MIB Expression form. At this time, give a name to this MIB Variable (in a single collection with multiple MIB variables, it is required to use unique names for each variable) and also select the “Report Data Type” based on the type of the MIB variables for which collection needs to be configured.

For information you can check the NNMi Step-by-Step Guide to Custom Poller in the page 7

https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/doc/KM02537090

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Dear

I am well aware of how to create custom poller and export collected data.

What I am asking is I wanted to monitor collected values based on increments on value collected.

Suppose in 1st cycle value is 5 and in second cycle value is 20, I want to send an alarm.

In 1st cycle value is 5 and in second cycle value is 3, I do not want to send alarm.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Hello Ramesh,

I hope you are great.

Thank you for your update.

For this I recommend to you open a case for this technical question.

Best Regards.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.