Regular Contributor.

nnmaction process

Hi 

Need small help

See following process get stopped immediately after starting NNMi

nnmaction - NOT_RUNNING Exited because NNMAction service has
stopped Exit(1)

The log file shows 

[ThreadID:1] SEVERE: com.hp.ov.nms.events.action.log.ActionLogger createActionServer: Failed to get port number from \HPNNMi\dataDir\nmsas\public\actionServer.port due to java.lang.Exception. File is old and corrupt : java.lang.Exception: File is old and corrupt
at com.hp.ov.nms.events.action.server.ActionServer.createActionServer(ActionServer.java:197)
at com.hp.ov.nms.events.action.server.ActionServer.main(ActionServer.java:326)

I do see the two files actionServer and actionServer.Port.lock file in the path. and port is 8989

Any solution ?? Shall delete those two files and try to restart NNM?

thanks

0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Re: nnmaction process

If we remove these two files then do we need to restart NNMi process or reboot the server

\HPNNMi\dataDir\nmsas\public\

actionServer and actionServer.Port.lock files from 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

The last time the nnmaction daemon crashed on my NNM server, I had to bring down NNMi then restart in order to get the nnmaction daemon to return to RUNNING state.

Even if your NNMi server is hosted on the Windows platform, ovstop following by ovstart should work for you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

I tried that... NNMAction works for some time then crashes with the error

The log file shows 

[ThreadID:1] SEVERE: com.hp.ov.nms.events.action.log.ActionLogger createActionServer: Failed to get port number from \HPNNMi\dataDir\nmsas\public\actionServer.port due to java.lang.Exception. File is old and corrupt : java.lang.Exception: File is old and corrupt
at com.hp.ov.nms.events.action.server.ActionServer.createActionServer(ActionServer.java:197)

So I remove these files actionServer and actionServer.Port.lock and reboot NNMi windows server, will application re-create the file again ??

thanks

Ashish

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

My advice:

1. shutdown NNMI using ovstop -c

2. move the files to a completely different directory, outside of the \HPNNMi\DataDir directory structure, something like C:\Temp

3. Restart NNMI

I do not know if NNMi will recreate these files.

If you mentioned which version of NNMi you are using, I missed it, but not sure if version or even patch matters for this.

My platform is Linux, your instance appears to be Windows but I don't know that it matters. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

NNMi is installed on windows 2012..

Yes tried ... seeing following error in the incidentaction.0.0.log file rest all process are running...

Seeing following error

SEVERE: com.hp.ov.nms.events.action.log.ActionLogger createActionServer: Failed to get port number from E:\HPNNMi\dataDir\nmsas\public\actionServer.port due to java.lang.Exception. File is old and corrupt : java.lang.Exception: File is old and corrupt

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

If you have HPOA (installed after nnmi) on the same server, check the permissions 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Hi,

I would like to suggest the following KM which provides information about current issue:

https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/doc/KM01991836

Thanks,

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.