Tamiz Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

nnmi chooses loopback ip address instead management ip address is available

i see some strange issue in nnmi 10.21, i have added the device with management ip address but after a day when i try to find the ip in nnm inventory the ip address is not resolving. if i try added then i get duplicate seed. when search the host name with sysName then i found the device being monitrored with loopback ip address.

i know nnmi uses the choices when the management address is not available it uses loop back but for my case i see the device is resolving for snmp query in management ip  or seeded ip. but it does monitoring through lowest loop back ip address.

without deleting i tried to change ip address in the node form but i did get the ip address is not discovered to change it.

any idea how can i advise nnmi to use only the management ip without removing from nnm db.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. asoloperto Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: nnmi chooses loopback ip address instead management ip address is available

Hello,

please check the online doc for NNMi 10.30 as it explains the mechanism:

https://docs.microfocus.com/NNMi/10.30/Content/Administer/nmAdminHelp/nmAdmConfComm0110Basics.htm

HTH and best regards

Allessandro

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.