Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.
Highlighted
Absent Member.. aalgohary Absent Member..
Absent Member..

nnmtrafficflowanalysis.ovpl tool doesn't work

Jump to solution

Hi,

When I run the nnmtrafficflowanalysis.ovpl tool on leaf collector I receive the following message:

***********************************************************************************************************************

c:\Program Files (x86)\HP\HP BTO Software\traffic-leaf\bin>User input : intf 172.30.0.117 port 9996 and duration 15 minute(s)

Checking for packets on 172.30.0.117:9996
Error :Address already in use: Cannot bind

***********************************************************************************************************************

172.30.0.117 is the ip address of the leaf collector network interface card on which the devices are configured to send netflow traffic v5 and v9 on port 9996.

Please Advise,

BR,

Ahmad Al Gohary

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Outstanding Contributor.. iquesada Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: nnmtrafficflowanalysis.ovpl tool doesn't work

Jump to solution

Hello aalgohary

Regarding your question, on the Traffic leaf Collector system try the following:

(a)  Stop the traffic leaf collector using nmstrafficleafstop.ovpl
(b)  Ensure that traffic leaf is not running using nmstrafficleafstatus.ovpl
(c)  Run nmstrafficflowanalysistool.ovpl from the traffic bin directory (/opt/OV/nonOV/traffic-leaf/bin). This must be run at different times to understand what is the peak load on the routers and understand what is the export rate under heavy load.

$ nmstrafficflowanalysistool.ovpl -a|ifaddr <ip address of collector interface receiving flows> -p <leaf port> -d <duration_in _minutes>

Example Result:

nnmtrafficflowanalysistool.ovpl -ifaddr 10.8.x.xxx -p 9996 -d 5
User input: intf 10.8.x.xxx port 2025 and duration 5 minute(s)

Checking for packets on 10.8.x.xxx:9996
Receiving packets on 10.8.x.xxx:9996
Begin collection for 5 minutes...
  ...Remaining 4 minutes...
  ...Remaining 3 minutes...
  ...Remaining 2 minutes...
  ...Remaining 1 minute...
Collection done !!!

Hope this helps,

HP Support
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HP.
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution, If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS and show your appreciation.
2 Replies
Outstanding Contributor.. iquesada Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hello aalgohary

Regarding your question, on the Traffic leaf Collector system try the following:

(a)  Stop the traffic leaf collector using nmstrafficleafstop.ovpl
(b)  Ensure that traffic leaf is not running using nmstrafficleafstatus.ovpl
(c)  Run nmstrafficflowanalysistool.ovpl from the traffic bin directory (/opt/OV/nonOV/traffic-leaf/bin). This must be run at different times to understand what is the peak load on the routers and understand what is the export rate under heavy load.

$ nmstrafficflowanalysistool.ovpl -a|ifaddr <ip address of collector interface receiving flows> -p <leaf port> -d <duration_in _minutes>

Example Result:

nnmtrafficflowanalysistool.ovpl -ifaddr 10.8.x.xxx -p 9996 -d 5
User input: intf 10.8.x.xxx port 2025 and duration 5 minute(s)

Checking for packets on 10.8.x.xxx:9996
Receiving packets on 10.8.x.xxx:9996
Begin collection for 5 minutes...
  ...Remaining 4 minutes...
  ...Remaining 3 minutes...
  ...Remaining 2 minutes...
  ...Remaining 1 minute...
Collection done !!!

Hope this helps,

HP Support
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HP.
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution, If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS and show your appreciation.
Absent Member.. aalgohary Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Dear Expert,

Many thanks for your help. My appreciation. 🙂

BR,

Ahmad Al Gohary

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.