Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

one-access traps not shown in incident view

Dear

When we try to generate one-access device traps for IP SEC tunnel like,

oacIPSecSAremoved(.1.3.6.1.4.1.13191.10.3.1.4.1.2)

we are not able to see in NNM console view, however tcpdump captures the traps are been arriving.

On tracing we see following error in trace file,

2016-11-23 12:21:40.057 WARNING [com.hp.ov.nms.trapd.MessageProcessor] (MessageProcessor) com.hp.ov.snmp.exceptions.SnmpException: Trap parsing failed. Trap does not have trap OID as varbind. Dropping trap from /94.56.237.173.

When I look at wireshark trace log, I am seeing OID been passed as varbind, but still not sure why the above error.

However we receive one more trap from CPE which is properly captured at NNM as in attached file.

Not sure where the problem lies, please to help.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: one-access traps not shown in incident view

(.1.3.6.1.4.1.13191.10.3.1.4.1.2)  is not industry standard valid format for a trap oid.

there must be a ZERO position between the agent oid and the specific trap number for example as follows:

or

the point being that there must be a ZERO delimiter between the digit position(s) defining the agent and whatever digit position or positions define the trap.
My impression is that most interfaces which accept trap numbers, will enforce this convention.

Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: one-access traps not shown in incident view

Hi Tracy

Is there any way we can eleminate this issue in NNM by modifying MIB files and reloading them to NNM.

Please to help.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.