Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

prerequisite/steps/configuration to add node to NNMi 9.20 (on device side from networking team)

Hi,

We have few devices which are not discovered in NNMi 9.20 , can anyone guide me what configuration/steps we need to do on device so that we can add device to NNMi.

I am aware about how to add it to NNM but not sure about the steps from networking side.

I am not able to run snmpwalk from NNMi server.

Regards,
hp4u
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: prerequisite/steps/configuration to add node to NNMi 9.20 (on device side from networking team)

Hello,

in order to do more than just a ping, you have to enable SNMP on the devices. The read community is needed and it should not be "public". Perhaps you want or you have to add a manager entry, which allows only the NNMi server ip address to communicate with the device via SNMP.

As the commands are different for each vendor I can share some Cisco IOS stuff, which might be helpful:

access-list 55 permit host <ip of the NNMi server>

access-list 55 deny any

snmp-server community myspecialreadcom RO 55

snmp-server contact <contact information>

snmp-server location <location information - can be used for Node Group filtering>

snmp-server enable traps

no snmp-server enable traps snmp authentication

snmp-server host <ip of the NNMi server> public

! public for sending SNMP trap is ok!

HTH and kind regards

Allessandro

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.