Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

problem with nnmi console

hi all

i hope that i can find answer to my question

i am have problem staring nnmi having this message

HTTP Status 404 - /nnm

type Status report

message /nnm

description The requested resource (/nnm) is not available.

JBossWeb/2.0.0.GA_CP

i am having windows server 2003 r2 enterprise with nnmi 9.0 patch 5

0 Likes
1 Reply
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Hello,

Here are a few pointers:

(DO NOT proceed if NNMi is setup in a cluster, or in app failover)

>how are you accessing the NNMi UI? By IP? By Shortname? By FQDN? Because the 'correct' method is to use the FQDN.

>execute nnmofficialfqdn.ovpl, does the name-value returned match the URL you are using to access NNMi?

>does ovstatus -v show expected output, or are some services missing

>was the hostname of the server changed recently?

>execute ovstop -v to stop NNMi, make sure the command exits gracefully, leaving a note that no NNMi services are running

>check the task manager to make sure no NNMi services are running

>execute ovstart -v, and once the command exits (either in error, or normally), go to the NNMI log directory, and open the boot.log (caution, it may contain old entries too, either start bottom up, and see if you come across exceptions, or words like SEVERE/FATAL/WARN/WARNING and so on.

>was a hotfix or patch (NNMi or OS) installed recently?

>can you recall any change (at all) in the recent past which you think could have caused this, directly or indirectly?

Mohit Sharma,
HP Software Support

The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HP.

If this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.