Established Member.. sagar Bhattacha
Established Member..

replace "." in the perl scripts for NNMi 9.20 notification

Hi expert ,

As per requirement when interface utilization cross the threshold policy then NNMi send notification in the mail and show the current utilization value in the notification mail.

I have configure email.ovpl and change the value accordingly. NNMi is sending High utilization mail peoperly with our current utilization value.  Now I have added ( my $cia.thresholdMeasuredValue=$ARGV[7]; ) in the email. ovpl and run in the command prompt. I saw it is given error in the line no 41 . I have checked that in the line no 41 newly added value my $cia.thresholdMeasuredValue=$ARGV[7]; . It is given error due to "." dot.

Could any body let me know how would I write the script for showing current threshold value  in the notification mail.

Thanks

Sagar Bhattacharya

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Dave Young Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: replace "." in the perl scripts for NNMi 9.20 notification

Sagar,

If you are using a code snippet similar to that suggested in the document  http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM1230076   then you could use the perl hash variable of 
$cia{thresholdMeasuredValue}.   If you are just assigning the script parameters to variables then use either something like:

${cia.thresholdMeasuredValue}   or

$ciaThresholdMeasuredValue

The error is because of the unprotected "." character in the variable name being misunderstood by perl.

All the best

Dave Y

MicroFocus Support
Viewed the Support tips? Search for "(NNMi) Support Tips" and order by Date to get the list
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of MicroFocus
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.