Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

snmp trap configuration and management event configuration

Hi,
   I saw that there is a FanOutOfRangeOrMalfunctioning in the Management Event Configuration, then I would like to know whether I can create this event to the SNMP Trap Configuration as well.  

Thanks & Best Regards, 

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: snmp trap configuration and management event configuration

Hi,
what you want to achieve?
Management incidents of node componnets like fans are created as a result of :
1. discovery of fan  on managed node (see NNMi support matrix for vendors/devices models where fans can be discovwred)
2. NNMi active polling and analysis of the results.

SNMP trap is event what managed node is sending to NNMi. Different vendors /devices are sending their specific SNMP traps about the fan statuses. First of all you have to found what types of the devices are in your network and then look into relevant MIBs.
For example on NNMI out of the box you already have: CiscoEnvMonFanStatusChangeNotif .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.13.3.0.8, RcChasFanDown  .1.3.6.1.4.1.2272.1.21.7  (RAPID CITY MIB)

Other vendors like Alteon switch trap is altSwFanFailure .1.3.6.1.4.1.1872.2.5.7.0.24 , F5 bigipChassisFanBad .1.3.6.1.4.1.3375.2.4.0.8. So relevant MIBs must be loaded and SNMP traps incidents configured in NNMI.

my 2 cents
Gedas

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Hi,
   Thanks for your information. Acutally I have tried to test the  nnmsnmpnotify.ovpl -a Cisco3850ip nnmip .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.13.3.0.8 and it's working, therefore I replaced the oid .1.3.6.1.4.1.11.2.17.19.2.0.15 with the same command, but showed nothing on the incident browsing, and I'm very confused why I couldn't find the oid .1.3.6.1.4.1.11.2.17.19.2.0.15 from snmpwalk tool. 

Thanks & Best Regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Hello cern,

the .1.3.6.1.4.1.11.2.17.19.2.0.15 is a NNMi internal incident (Management Event) and you cannot use ot with snmptrap. You have to create your own SNMP trap incident configuration if you want to use a script to sent events to NNMi or devices will sent you SNMP traps which are documented in their MIB definitions.

HTH and kind regards

Allessandro

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Folks,

As Allessandro stated, the Internal NNMi management incidents can't be "mimiced" using traps.  However it is possible to raise some of them using the jmx-console which can then inject them into the internal event stream for test purposes.  Unfortunately the incident referenced in this thread has not been implemented, I did check !   The jmx-console is a support tool and therefore there are limitations and only a certain set of the management incidents have been implemented. to date.

All the best

Dave Y

MicroFocus Support
Viewed the Support tips? Search for "(NNMi) Support Tips" and order by Date to get the list
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of MicroFocus
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.