Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

what is server.CRT and CA.crt while importing certificates into NNMi.

Jump to solution

Hi,

i would llike to the difference between the server.crt and ca.crt while importing the organization signed certificates.

i applied for CA certificate to my organization and my CA admin provided only one file, but in the deployment guide it says i must import server.crt and ca.crt to the truststore and keytstore respectively.

PS: i have received CA signed certificate as single file which just has --begin certificate--- and ---end certificate--- 

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: what is server.CRT and CA.crt while importing certificates into NNMi.

Jump to solution

Its dependant on your installation and SSL settings in the applifcation configuration file.   The server.crt is the actual server certificate issued by your certificate authority for the server NNMI is running on, this is used to automatically authenticate SSL connections for your clients to NNMi that are in the same authentication domain.   The CA.crt is the certificate authority's certificate which when imported into your truststore allows LDAP connections (with the other apporpriate configurations to your configuration files) 

Have a nice day 🙂

Andy Kemp
I've lasted longer in the technology industry than most certifications.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: what is server.CRT and CA.crt while importing certificates into NNMi.

Jump to solution

Its dependant on your installation and SSL settings in the applifcation configuration file.   The server.crt is the actual server certificate issued by your certificate authority for the server NNMI is running on, this is used to automatically authenticate SSL connections for your clients to NNMi that are in the same authentication domain.   The CA.crt is the certificate authority's certificate which when imported into your truststore allows LDAP connections (with the other apporpriate configurations to your configuration files) 

Have a nice day 🙂

Andy Kemp
I've lasted longer in the technology industry than most certifications.

View solution in original post

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.