Highlighted
Valued Contributor.. Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

Network Virtualization software Installed on LGs but get errors when running tests with NV enabled

Jump to solution

Hi,

Looking to a POC using Network Virtualization in Performance Center by enabling the NV insights and with Virtual location as “3G Typical”.

The below error message is displayed after starting the test:

Error: Service client "MShunraService" failed to post a message ,reason - target process/thread doesn't exist.                [MsgId: MERR-29738]

Error: Service client with id=303 failed to post a message ,reason - target process/thread doesn't exist.    [MsgId: MERR-29739]

Error: Communication error: The Client failed to send packet. The socket has been shut down.     [MsgId: MERR-10343]

Error: Client (-connection_id=)(-server_type=8)(-server_name=caw0211aa012)(-server_port=54345)(-server_fd_primary=2)(-user_extra_data=NAME)(-use_default_configuration_path) is not responding.      [MsgId: MERR-29992]

Anyone else come across this before or knows why this error may occur in order to determine the root cause. Thanks.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Valued Contributor..

Re: Network Virtualization software Installed on LGs but get errors when running tests with NV enab

Jump to solution

The issue here was the NV driver did not support the network Maximum Transmission Unit MTU 9001 for Ethernet protocol which came as default when using an AWS EC2 server as the Load Generator host.

The fix was to change the (MTU) on the host servers from 9001 to 1500. 

Command to check the MTU number: netsh interface ipv4 show subinterface

Command to change the MTU number to 1500: netsh interface ipv4 set subinterface "Ethernet" mtu=1500

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Re: Network Virtualization software Installed on LGs but get errors when running tests with NV enab

Jump to solution

Hi, NV is now included in LR and PC as a standard feature, please re-submit your question under the PC production section, I will then ask someone from the PC team to review and respond. When you resubmit your question, please indicate what version of PC are you using. Thank you. 

Sharon Levin
0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi Sharon,

Thanks for the reply.

I have posted in Performance Center User Discussions with version numbers also included. 

https://community.microfocus.com/t5/Performance-Center-User/Network-Virtualization-software-Installed-on-LGs-but-get-errors/td-p/2694573

Much appreciated,

David. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi, Have you raised a support case for this problem? please send me the support ticket ID so I can connect the appropriate engineer to this case. 

Thanks, 

Sharon  

Sharon Levin
0 Likes
Valued Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi Sharon,

Thanks for your reply. Ticket number SD02531489. 

I can suggest to the team to "try a custom Virtual Location with "0" latency and unlimited bandwidth". The output.mdb log file for the associated error (above) was sent to the Customer Support Engineer assigned to this ticket. I've yet to hear back so I thought I would ask in the community forum. 

Very much appreciated,

David 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor..

Jump to solution

The issue here was the NV driver did not support the network Maximum Transmission Unit MTU 9001 for Ethernet protocol which came as default when using an AWS EC2 server as the Load Generator host.

The fix was to change the (MTU) on the host servers from 9001 to 1500. 

Command to check the MTU number: netsh interface ipv4 show subinterface

Command to change the MTU number to 1500: netsh interface ipv4 set subinterface "Ethernet" mtu=1500

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.