2012 AD Support

Idea ID 2783436

2012 AD Support

Support for Active Directory 2012 needs to be added to DSFW. This is needed for VMware view 6 and many other new products.
11 Comments
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
OES 2015 (yet to be released) has undergone a round of interop check between VMware View 6 and DSFW. Can you please let us know where is the issue which needs AD 2012 support in DSFW?
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.
Please take a look at the VMware doc "View Architecture Planning VMware Horizon 6.0" at http://pubs.vmware.com/horizon-view-60/topic/com.vmware.ICbase/PDF/horizon-view-60-architecture-planning.pdf At page 11 you can read: View does not support Novell DSFW (Domain Services For Windows) You should check it out with VMware why they do not support Horizon Viev 6.o with DSFW.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
I understand. Though it is uncertain why VMware had dropped support for DSFW, my wild guess is that they just removed DSFW from their interop test matrix. I'm unaware of any other testament that states VMware View 6 did not work with DSFW. OTOH, Grant's rquirement states the need for AD 2012 support in DSFW, I'm just trying to understand the use cases of the 3rd party applications (like VMware View 6) would fail without this support.
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.
Perhaps this helps: https://communities.vmware.com/thread/500405
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
I'm not sure Novell ever told DSFW does not support VMware View 6 anywhere. Yes, the last comment in the above link proves that VMware View 6 "is working" with OES11SP2 DSFW in customer's environment. We may have to await the official statement with OES2015 release.
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.
yes a official statement would help
New Member.
To VMWare View/Horizon 6: I have it running with OES11SP2/DSfW on the system I use for trainings. It installed without any problems and is running just as it would with a 'real' AD.
Visitor.
Yes. Keep updating DSfW to support and emulate the latest AD versions. Anything to prevent us from having to actually run AD!
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Yes, this is an important Point. Because if you have plans for implementing i.e. Skype for Business, you have no Chance, because DSfW is only AD 2003. Please make an update to AD 2012
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.
Yes – perhaps also CAESAR Telefonie. Question is can we run it in DSfW or we'll have a „Microsoft all in“.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.