Default Font for All Outgoing Mail on Clients

Default Font for All Outgoing Mail on Clients

Problem

A Forum reader recently asked:

"Our company would like to enforce a default font for all outgoing mail. Does anybody know of a way to enforce a font on GroupWise clients?"

And here's the response from Joe Marton ...

Solution

The settings are all configured in HKCU\Software\Novell\GroupWise\Client\Setup.

For creating HTML messages:

DWORD: DoNotCreateHTMLMessages

Value: 0

String: DefaultHTMLFont

Value: name of installed font (i.e. Times New Roman)

String: DefaultHTMLFontSize

Value: numeric (i.e. 😎

For creating text messages:

DWORD: DoNotCreateHTMLMessages

Value: 1

String: PlainTextComposeFontName:

Value: name of installed font (i.e. Times New Roman)

DWORD: PlainTextComposeFontSize

Value: switch to decimal, and use numeric (13, in hex would be 0x0000000d)

You can force these settings down via ZENworks or a login script. You can't lock the settings to prevent users from changing them, but if you force them down every time a user logs in then at least you'll keep setting everything back to the company-defined "standard" settings.

DISCLAIMER:

Some content on Community Tips & Information pages is not officially supported by Micro Focus. Please refer to our Terms of Use for more detail.
Top Contributors
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2007-02-20 12:13
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.