Menu driven OES Services Check - Assist admin staff in daily healthchecks

Menu driven OES Services Check - Assist admin staff in daily healthchecks

As we know, 90% of OES problems can be traced back to one of the services in the OES stack not running, thereby affecting the services lower down in the stack.

I created this script to present a Menu so a basic administrator can log into the server and run the menu, then follow simple menu prompts to check for apparent issues with OES services, networking and eDirectory objects/users

See the screenshot below, then download the script and try it yourself!

screenshot-untitled_window

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
Attachments

DISCLAIMER:

Some content on Community Tips & Information pages is not officially supported by Micro Focus. Please refer to our Terms of Use for more detail.
Comments
Thank you, Peter!
Great script!
On my sles10sp3 oes 2.0.3, I get line 256: syntax error near unexpected token `;;' What do I do to fix it? I love to have this tool. Thank you for writing this.
Great tool, very usefull for my colleagues with less OES expirience. Thanks for...

I'm not an developer but the above error can be fixed by commenting out the line 256 or maybe deleting the ';;'. This worked for me.

Tom
I got the same problem, deleting that line appears to work.
Same probblem, I removed line 256 (;;) and now it works.
My apologies. I fixed and reuploaded the script. Thanks for spotting it
Fixed and reuploaded. Thanks
Top Contributors
Version history
Revision #:
2 of 2
Last update:
‎2020-02-18 12:49
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.