UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

2nd subnet

My main LAN is on 192.168.1.x

I also have another subnet 192.168.2.x

How do I add the 2nd subnet to my server ?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The easy and most quick way is to add another NIC and configured it with the parameters of the second subnet – once you verify that the connection to the 2nd subnet is working correctly – you can the bind the two (“Bridge” in the network connections and right-clicking on one of the NIC’s) together into one. The Server would have access to both subnets.

Leroy Joseph
Visual Click Software
(eDirectory Management and Reporting)
eDirectory Management and Reporting | DSRAZOR for eDirectory
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

You can also add a secondary address to the first nic under the yast network plugin. Realize that yast doesn't allow you to configure a second default gateway though. It can be done on linux in general, but not via yast (currently).
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

joharmon so true! (even easier if you have a dual ported NIC installed or add two of them in a VM)
But, we both forgot to ask Chris what is his Server setup and configuration.

Leroy Joseph
Visual Click Software
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I know that I am jumping in on an old thread, but wondering if it's this easy in my case.
I have three sles 11 sp3 / oes 11 sp2 servers sitting on a 10.10.10.xx network - and want a few systems that are sitting on a 192.168.x.x windows domain network to be able to see the NSS drives on the oes servers. Can it be as easy as configuring the servers second network card for the 192.168 network and binding the net cards?

I'm also looking at taking the whole network up to OES 2015 - will binding the net cards work there as well? or do I need to do some more research?
I know that OES 2015 has much more AD integration, and there may be things there that will work well, but for now, I'm merely tasked with allowing the 192.168 AD users to "see" all of our files.

Thanks
D

leroyjjr;2184857 wrote:
The easy and most quick way is to add another NIC and configured it with the parameters of the second subnet – once you verify that the connection to the 2nd subnet is working correctly – you can the bind the two (“Bridge” in the network connections and right-clicking on one of the NIC’s) together into one. The Server would have access to both subnets.

Leroy Joseph
Visual Click Software
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.