Highlighted
posty Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ACU - Auto Update Feature enables Fast User Switching?

Hi Guys,

i am trying to update my novell clients with the acu feature of the novell client itself!
i am planing to deploy: nov client 2 sp3 ir6

i set up acu and everything is working fine... but after the installation of the novell client and a reboot or logout (doesnt matter) my login screen looks like this:

i found this in the official documentation of the novell client: http://www.novell.com/documentation/windows_client/windows_client_admin/data/baccyiv.html#bacczhg

fast user switching becomes available and i dont want to have fast user switching enabled... i only want the novell login box to appear!

i tried to disable fast user switching with gpo: gpedit.msc -> computer configuration -> administrative templates -> system -> logon -> hide entry points for fast user switching! no success!
i also checked the novell client proberties under advanced login and everything is set up as usual... attached you can find my ncpf.txt file!

... is this a new feature or maybe a bug or did i miss something?! any suggestions?!

thx in advance!
Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: ACU - Auto Update Feature enables Fast User Switching?

Posty;2316204 wrote:
Hi Guys,

i am trying to update my novell clients with the acu feature of the novell client itself!
i am planing to deploy: nov client 2 sp3 ir6

i set up acu and everything is working fine... but after the installation of the novell client and a reboot or logout (doesnt matter) my login screen looks like this:

i found this in the official documentation of the novell client: http://www.novell.com/documentation/windows_client/windows_client_admin/data/baccyiv.html#bacczhg

fast user switching becomes available and i dont want to have fast user switching enabled... i only want the novell login box to appear!

i tried to disable fast user switching with gpo: gpedit.msc -> computer configuration -> administrative templates -> system -> logon -> hide entry points for fast user switching! no success!
i also checked the novell client proberties under advanced login and everything is set up as usual... attached you can find my ncpf.txt file!

... is this a new feature or maybe a bug or did i miss something?! any suggestions?!

thx in advance!

So are you saying that user are logged in even after a reboot (as in the picture you posted)?

I "hide entry points for fast user switching" and that setting works for us with NC2SP3IR6 adn WIN7SP1PRO, what version of Windows are you using?

Thomas
0 Likes
posty Absent Member.
Absent Member.

thsundel;2316221 wrote:
So are you saying that user are logged in even after a reboot (as in the picture you posted)?

thats the really strange thing...

we are runing:
windows 7 prof sp1 (latest patches)
novell client 2 sp3 ir6 (acu upgrading from nov client 2 sp3)
zcm agent 11.2.2 mu2
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Posty;2316225 wrote:
thats the really strange thing...

we are runing:
windows 7 prof sp1 (latest patches)
novell client 2 sp3 ir6 (acu upgrading from nov client 2 sp3)
zcm agent 11.2.2 mu2

Can you duplicate it with default Novell Client settings?

Thomas
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.