UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ACU unattended install & windows 7

Hi all: Just getting going on our first test machine with Windows 7 64-bit. Learning as I go. On of the first things I have come across is that there does not seem to be a way to make an unattended install file like with the Novell client for XP. It also appears, based on a few TIDs, that the Novell client for Win7 CANNOT be totally unattended due to a Microsoft requirement of accepting a signed driver.

If the above is true, I am curious how people do re-imaging and unattended setups of Win 7 machines?

Thanks, Chris.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Chris sounds like they 'said':

> Hi all: Just getting going on our first test machine with Windows 7
> 64-bit. Learning as I go. On of the first things I have come across
> is that there does not seem to be a way to make an unattended install
> file like with the Novell client for XP. It also appears, based on a
> few TIDs, that the Novell client for Win7 CANNOT be totally
> unattended due to a Microsoft requirement of accepting a signed
> driver.
>
> If the above is true, I am curious how people do re-imaging and
> unattended setups of Win 7 machines?
>
> Thanks, Chris.

So my response to Chris's comment is...

Oh, but it is possible to do these things. Check out this:

http://www.novell.com/documentation/windows_client/pdfdoc/windows_client
_admin/windows_client_admin.pdf

Check the section on advanced installation options. Nciman.exe still
works, to create a response file.

Kicker is editing the install.ini file once you've exploded the client
into a folder. Then from a dos prompt, run acu.exe /? to see the
options available.

--
Stevo
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Steve. And I read another of your threads which helps me out on the elevated command prompt for accepting Novell as a Trusted Publisher.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.