Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

AD User can not access directory on AD enabled NSS Volume

Hi,

I am testing NSS AD service. Rights are set. In the NURM tool everathing looks good. But when a user trys to acces the Volume the cifs.log logs the following error:

Jan 27 08:44:50 vslx5000 CIFS[5245]: ERROR: CODIR: GetSessionAccessRights: Failed to get effective rights of user "ZENTEST@NT-KLILU.KLILU.DE" for path: /media/nss/VOL1, errno = 13
Jan 27 08:44:50 vslx5000 CIFS[5245]: ERROR: VERB: SMB2_TreeConnect: Failed to mount share "vol1" on client: 10.10.13.118, error: <0xC0000022>

has anyone an idea wath this Errormessage means ?

Thanks

Hans -Joachim
Labels (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Hans-Joachim;2418051 wrote:
Hi,

I am testing NSS AD service. Rights are set. In the NURM tool everathing looks good. But when a user trys to acces the Volume the cifs.log logs the following error:

Jan 27 08:44:50 vslx5000 CIFS[5245]: ERROR: CODIR: GetSessionAccessRights: Failed to get effective rights of user "ZENTEST@NT-KLILU.KLILU.DE" for path: /media/nss/VOL1, errno = 13
Jan 27 08:44:50 vslx5000 CIFS[5245]: ERROR: VERB: SMB2_TreeConnect: Failed to mount share "vol1" on client: 10.10.13.118, error: <0xC0000022>

has anyone an idea wath this Errormessage means ?

Thanks

Hans -Joachim

I think 0xC0000022 means "access denied".

Thomas
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I think 0xC0000022 means "access denied".

yep it is, but it was already noted in the error message.
i couldn't resolve this today so i rebooted the whole server. namcd took about 5 minutes to unload, so maybe it was that. It is not the first time i've seen that, so i'm thinking i might chkconfig namcd off.

P
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.