Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

AFP & Linux Clustering

I have a new OES Linux 2 node cluster and whenever I mount an afp volume on a mac I get, STAFF-01.HOME OR STAFF-02.HOME. How do I make the volume the same on both servers so they don't loose the connection when the volume fails over. I have modified the afpvol file and they still show the same info.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: AFP & Linux Clustering

You should have the same share name in both servers' afpvols.conf file.
for eaxample
in STAFF-01 in STAFF-02
------------------------- ----------------------------
STAFF-01.HOME SHARE_HOME | STAFF-02.HOME SHARE_HOME

And please try connecting the virtual IP instead of any physical IPs. So that when the failover happens you will not loose any existing conection.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.