Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Access is Denied error

We are upgrading our XP (Client 4.91SP5) pcs to Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (Client 2 SP3) and are experiencing "access denied" errors when a user tries to open a file already in use by another user. I've tried installing Client 2 SP3 IR6 and the problem still persists. We do not have this problem with the XP systems. They get a message stating the file is already open and do you want to open it in read only mode. This problem is affecting all files whether they be Office 2010, PDFs, etc. Has anyone seen this? Is there a specific version of the Client that fixes this?
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Access is Denied error

Hi

What OS and Support Pack version is the server in question?

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

OH - one more thing, on the client, under advanced options, is File Caching turned OFF?
Laura Buckley

If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

It was the File Caching. For some reason, the Client GPO for Windows 7 got changed and it was turned on.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Glad that you got it fixed. Thanks for the feedback.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.