carnold6 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Add LDAP Search Context

iFolder 3.9 on OES 11 SP2. We need to provision some users for the ifolder server. We currently have 2 LDAP seaach contexts and need to add another. Problem is, i have forgotten the correct syntax to do this. In the folder admin UI, under servers->LDAP Details we have ou=OU1,o=O1#ou=OU2,o=O1# and the users in those OU's can login. I try to add another ou like so: ou=OU3,o=O1# and click add but get an error:
Unable to edit LDAP details with these values. Please check the values. Novell.Directory.Ldap.LdapException-Invalid DN Syntax

What is the correct way to add another search context so folder can find these users and then they can login?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
carnold6 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Add LDAP Search Context

carnold6;2285216 wrote:
iFolder 3.9 on OES 11 SP2. We need to provision some users for the ifolder server. We currently have 2 LDAP seaach contexts and need to add another. Problem is, i have forgotten the correct syntax to do this. In the folder admin UI, under servers->LDAP Details we have ou=OU1,o=O1#ou=OU2,o=O1# and the users in those OU's can login. I try to add another ou like so: ou=OU3,o=O1# and click add but get an error:
Unable to edit LDAP details with these values. Please check the values. Novell.Directory.Ldap.LdapException-Invalid DN Syntax

What is the correct way to add another search context so folder can find these users and then they can login?

Found this Documentation
LDAP Context
Specify or edit the LDAP containers, groups, or users where iFolder searches for a list of authorized users to provision for iFolder servers on this enterprise server. LDAP Contexts are entered in LDAP format. For example:

cn=group,o=acme#cn=dbgroup,o=acme#

I tried every combination of the above. Finally just moved users into an ou that was already provisioned and then "sync now". Now the users can login.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.