Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Added a NIC to ifolder server but I cannot see web services

I setup an iFolder server and can browse to the local IP and the loopback interface and the ifolder /Netstorage / Novell welcome screen is all fine.

I then added a new NIC and attached this to my DMZ network. I can ping the DMZ address, but if I try to browse from within the DMZ network I cannot get the web services up and running using the DMZ IP address.

I have telnetted to the server and it is listening on that address and port.

Is there something I have to do to let Apache / tomcat know that this new IP address is there? It is open to all addresses as I have added no restrictions and the firewall is off for now as well.

Could it just be a routing issue?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Sorry Might just be a routing issue, as when I make the default gateway the router on the DMZ it all seems to work, but if I make the default gateway the internal gateway then there seems to be an issue. very strange. But seems to be working now.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

rob_collins;2183229 wrote:
I setup an iFolder server and can browse to the local IP and the loopback interface and the ifolder /Netstorage / Novell welcome screen is all fine.

I then added a new NIC and attached this to my DMZ network. I can ping the DMZ address, but if I try to browse from within the DMZ network I cannot get the web services up and running using the DMZ IP address.

I have telnetted to the server and it is listening on that address and port.

Is there something I have to do to let Apache / tomcat know that this new IP address is there? It is open to all addresses as I have added no restrictions and the firewall is off for now as well.

Could it just be a routing issue?

I think when you run simias-server-setup it asks for public and private URL of the iFolder server, you could try rerunning the setup and enter the correct public and private information.

Thomas
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

rob_collins;2183233 wrote:
Sorry Might just be a routing issue, as when I make the default gateway the router on the DMZ it all seems to work, but if I make the default gateway the internal gateway then there seems to be an issue. very strange. But seems to be working now.

Okay ignore my previous post then, glad you got it working 🙂

Thomas
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Thomas, I have the webservices running now so yes I will probably have to do that to get the ifolder services working
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.