pedrodfpereira Absent Member.
Absent Member.
1351 views

Admin - Lock account Backup Exec

Hello,
We need some help with this issue:

My client have an old Netware Server 6.5 SP7, the backup is
made by Netware Remote Agent using a Win2003 Server with backup exec 2012.
We have also the Advanced Open File Option agent installed.
Since last week we receive this message in the console server :

" Intruder lock-out on account .admin.CFPSA [FACE0001:000000000001]
4/11/2016 11:06:22 : DS-10554.34-268 "

And naturally we can´t do the schedule backup in the night.
The remote netware agent authenticates seamlessly to the Netware Server when we select the volumes to the backup.

We already did a fresh install of the remote netware agent, and we reinstalled the full backup exec in the windows server machine.
But the problem still remains.
Can someone help us ?
Best Regards
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Admin - Lock account Backup Exec

On Fri, 04 Nov 2016 15:06:02 GMT, pedrodfpereira
<pedrodfpereira@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com> wrote:

>
>Hello,
>We need some help with this issue:
>
>My client have an old Netware Server 6.5 SP7, the backup is
>made by Netware Remote Agent using a Win2003 Server with backup exec
>2012.
>We have also the Advanced Open File Option agent installed.
>Since last week we receive this message in the console server :
>
>" Intruder lock-out on account .admin.CFPSA [FACE0001:000000000001]
>4/11/2016 11:06:22 : DS-10554.34-268 "
>
>And naturally we can? do the schedule backup in the night.
>The remote netware agent authenticates seamlessly to the Netware Server
>when we select the volumes to the backup.
>
>We already did a fresh install of the remote netware agent, and we
>reinstalled the full backup exec in the windows server machine.
>But the problem still remains.
>Can someone help us ?
>Best Regards


Its been ages since I ran BackupExec on Netware... Does the time of
that message coincide with when you run backups? If not, what runs at
that time that might be attempting to login?

Ken

--------------------------------------------------------
Create and vote for enhancements!
https://www.novell.com/products/enhancement-request.html
--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

Create and vote for enhancements!
https://www.microfocus.com/products/enhancement-request.html
0 Likes
pedrodfpereira Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Admin - Lock account Backup Exec

ketter;2443290 wrote:
On Fri, 04 Nov 2016 15:06:02 GMT, pedrodfpereira
<pedrodfpereira@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com> wrote:

>
>Hello,
>We need some help with this issue:
>
>My client have an old Netware Server 6.5 SP7, the backup is
>made by Netware Remote Agent using a Win2003 Server with backup exec
>2012.
>We have also the Advanced Open File Option agent installed.
>Since last week we receive this message in the console server :
>
>" Intruder lock-out on account .admin.CFPSA [FACE0001:000000000001]
>4/11/2016 11:06:22 : DS-10554.34-268 "
>
>And naturally we can? do the schedule backup in the night.
>The remote netware agent authenticates seamlessly to the Netware Server
>when we select the volumes to the backup.
>
>We already did a fresh install of the remote netware agent, and we
>reinstalled the full backup exec in the windows server machine.
>But the problem still remains.
>Can someone help us ?
>Best Regards


Its been ages since I ran BackupExec on Netware... Does the time of
that message coincide with when you run backups? If not, what runs at
that time that might be attempting to login?

Ken

--------------------------------------------------------
Create and vote for enhancements!
https://www.novell.com/products/enhancement-request.html


Hi,
no the time of that message don't coincide when the backup schedule...
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Admin - Lock account Backup Exec

On Mon, 07 Nov 2016 09:56:02 GMT, pedrodfpereira
<pedrodfpereira@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com> wrote:

>
>ketter;2443290 Wrote:
>> On Fri, 04 Nov 2016 15:06:02 GMT, pedrodfpereira
>> <pedrodfpereira@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com> wrote:
>>
>> >
>> >Hello,
>> >We need some help with this issue:
>> >
>> >My client have an old Netware Server 6.5 SP7, the backup is
>> >made by Netware Remote Agent using a Win2003 Server with backup exec
>> >2012.
>> >We have also the Advanced Open File Option agent installed.
>> >Since last week we receive this message in the console server :
>> >
>> >" Intruder lock-out on account .admin.CFPSA [FACE0001:000000000001]
>> >4/11/2016 11:06:22 : DS-10554.34-268 "
>> >
>> >And naturally we can? do the schedule backup in the night.
>> >The remote netware agent authenticates seamlessly to the Netware

>> Server
>> >when we select the volumes to the backup.
>> >
>> >We already did a fresh install of the remote netware agent, and we
>> >reinstalled the full backup exec in the windows server machine.
>> >But the problem still remains.
>> >Can someone help us ?
>> >Best Regards

>>
>> Its been ages since I ran BackupExec on Netware... Does the time of
>> that message coincide with when you run backups? If not, what runs at
>> that time that might be attempting to login?
>>
>> Ken
>>
>> --------------------------------------------------------
>> Create and vote for enhancements!
>> https://www.novell.com/products/enhancement-request.html

>
>Hi,
>no the time of that message don't coincide when the backup schedule...


It sounds like some other process is trying to login with an incorrect
password and is locking the account. So when backups run, they fail
because of the locked account. Best bet is to figure out what else is
trying to login and provide it with the correct password. In the
meantime, you might want to create another account with admin
equivalent rights and assign that to your backups so they are able to
run.

Ken

--------------------------------------------------------
Create and vote for enhancements!
https://www.novell.com/products/enhancement-request.html
--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

Create and vote for enhancements!
https://www.microfocus.com/products/enhancement-request.html
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.