Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

After 2018 SP2 update Package Updater and Online update different

Jump to solution

I have just updated 2 OES2018 SP1 servers to SP2. One with no problems, but the second one gives the following message when I try to run the package updater. It finds 28 packages requiring updating, but fails when I try to run it with the following message: 

Failed to mount cd:///?devices= /dev/disk/by-id/ata-QEMU_DVD-ROM_QM00001 on : Mounting media failed.

No DVD was used during upgrades on both servers and on the server with problems, if I go to YAST and check with the online updater, there are no updates found.

Any one got any ideas what need to be done to correct the problem.

Note: the server is a vm and has no CD installed.

Cheers

ChasR.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: After 2018 SP2 update Package Updater and Online update different

Jump to solution

In YaST -> "Software" -> "Software Repositories" you'll likely find something which has a URL starting with "cd". That might be stoneold. Usually you'll just have to untick "enable" and "auto-refresh".

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

In YaST -> "Software" -> "Software Repositories" you'll likely find something which has a URL starting with "cd". That might be stoneold. Usually you'll just have to untick "enable" and "auto-refresh".

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thanks for reminding me of this. I now remember taking it off the system that had no problems, and after making the changes, everything is now fine.

Thanks again

ChasR

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

Thanks for posting back. Take care,

M.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.