Highlighted
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Backing up User/Group lists

I have a new OES2 SP1 Beta 4 server we are testing. I now have the OES2 SP1 final release code. What I would like to do is completely recreate the server from scratch with the final code in all cases. Question is, is there a quick easy way to backup the user like and group list so I do not have to type this all back in?

Greg
Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Brunold Rainer
New Member.

Re: Backing up User/Group lists

Greg,

there are many ways to do it. iManager in the eDirectory Maintenance role has a Backup and Recovery option, but I think that is for full trees and not just single objects.

I personally would try to use the command line tool ndsbackup.

That has a nice man page (man ndsbackup) with some samples at the end.

I think a question is if you have that user and groups in a dedicated container where you simply backup that one and restore it on the other tree or if those objects in the server context itself with other system objects.

Rainer
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.