Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
mnitchman Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Backing up edirectory on new Linux server

Just migrated a server from Netware to OES2 Linux. We used to do a dsrepair -rc to backup edirectory and create the DIB. I would like to do this on the new linux server. I am experimenting with ndsbackup and am trying the following command but cannot figure out syntax for username. The context for my admin user is admin.abc123. What is the correct format?

ndsbackup cvf ndsbackupfile "Full eDirectory Backup"
NDS Error : There is no such entry in the directory.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
6 Replies
summtech Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Backing up edirectory on new Linux server

mnitchman;1918553 wrote:
Just migrated a server from Netware to OES2 Linux. We used to do a dsrepair -rc to backup edirectory and create the DIB. I would like to do this on the new linux server. I am experimenting with ndsbackup and am trying the following command but cannot figure out syntax for username. The context for my admin user is admin.abc123. What is the correct format?

ndsbackup cvf ndsbackupfile [name of your tree]
0 Likes
summtech Absent Member.
Absent Member.

summtech;1918632 wrote:

ndsbackup cvf ndsbackupfile -a .admin.abc123 treename
0 Likes
summtech Absent Member.
Absent Member.

summtech;1918632 wrote:

ndsbackup cvf ndsbackupfile -a .admin.abc123 -p password nameoftree
0 Likes
summtech Absent Member.
Absent Member.

summtech;1918635 wrote:
ndsbackup cvf ndsbackupfile -a .admin.abc123 -p password nameoftree

10072014: Run ndsbackup without being prompted for the password.
0 Likes
summtech Absent Member.
Absent Member.

mnitchman;1918553 wrote:

Also check dsbk

Novell Documentation
0 Likes
Highlighted
mnitchman Absent Member.
Absent Member.

That worked great, thanks. I was just missing the treename.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.