Highlighted
jgooderh Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Backup Exec 2010, OES NSS volumes, and Incrementals

Hi All;

I've been doing some looking around, even found a cool solution that may be close, but wanted to make sure.

We are migrating from Netware to Linux and at the same time, implementing a Backup Exec 2010 server. When backing up the OES servers, all the incremental jobs list from within Backup Exec that they're running as a full.

I've seen some tech notes here and there in regards to the lack of an archive bit within linux and the fact that there is one in NSS volumes. I had found the cool solution that mentions modifying the nssstartup.cfg file.

Cool Solutions: Incremental and Differential Backups with Linux

When I looked in the directory mentioned, there wasn't one there. We are at SP3, could it have been moved? Do I have to create a new one?

What are other people doing to back up their NSS volumes with Backup Exec?

Thanks;
John
Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Reply
gleach1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Backup Exec 2010, OES NSS volumes, and Incrementals

I think the cool solution article is based on OES1 (is sles 9)

Check this path on your OES2 server /var/opt/novell/nss/conf/nssstart.cfg - note the /var at the start

a lot of /opt/novell paths from OES1 change to /var/opt/novell in OES2

The file is defenitely there in OES2 as i've had to change things in it myself and it would certainly not have been removed

We have been using backup exec with a client of ours, we installed the backup exec on windows 2003 and used a replication program to replicate the data to the windows box and then back up from that, saves stuffing aroudn with agents and seems to work quite nicely

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.