jonhol Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Backup of iFolders with TSAIF/Networker

Hi

I'm looking at implementing iFolder 3.7 and I'm looking into the best way to implement backup/restore of the iFolder server.

Today we are running iFolder 2.1 and use the somewhat backwords ways of backing up and restoring user iFolder that are availible with 2.1 but when I looked at iFolder 3.7 I saw that TSAIF whas an option for backing up the users iFolders.

Is there anybody using TSAIF to backup/restore there iFolders and even better if using Networker.

I would like to get som tips on how to get it working. Normal filebased backups is woking as i should...
I'm running a SLES10SP2/OES2 server with iFolder 3.7 and the latest agent for Networker

/Jonas
Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Backup of iFolders with TSAIF/Networker

jonhol wrote:

>
> Hi
>
> I'm looking at implementing iFolder 3.7 and I'm looking into the best
> way to implement backup/restore of the iFolder server.
>
> Today we are running iFolder 2.1 and use the somewhat backwords ways of
> backing up and restoring user iFolder that are availible with 2.1 but
> when I looked at iFolder 3.7 I saw that TSAIF whas an option for backing
> up the users iFolders.
>
> Is there anybody using TSAIF to backup/restore there iFolders and even
> better if using Networker.
>
> I would like to get som tips on how to get it working. Normal filebased
> backups is woking as i should...
> I'm running a SLES10SP2/OES2 server with iFolder 3.7 and the latest
> agent for Networker
>
> /Jonas
>
>

I would recommend you go to OES2 SP2. the tsaif is suppose to be fixed
in it. I have not had time to test yet. I am hoping to here real soon.

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
EricVeysey1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Backup of iFolders with TSAIF/Networker

jonhol;1941595 wrote:
Hi

I'm looking at implementing iFolder 3.7 and I'm looking into the best way to implement backup/restore of the iFolder server.

Today we are running iFolder 2.1 and use the somewhat backwords ways of backing up and restoring user iFolder that are availible with 2.1 but when I looked at iFolder 3.7 I saw that TSAIF whas an option for backing up the users iFolders.

Is there anybody using TSAIF to backup/restore there iFolders and even better if using Networker.

I would like to get som tips on how to get it working. Normal filebased backups is woking as i should...
I'm running a SLES10SP2/OES2 server with iFolder 3.7 and the latest agent for Networker

/Jonas

I've tested TSAIF, and it worked very well. Ideally the best backup for iFolder as you can backup individual iFolders as opposed to full server backups.

I'm not really familiar with Networker, but I think if you set up a cron to use TSAIF to back up the iFolders, then networker to back up the /simias and the TSAIF back ups.

Any iFolder restores would be done using TSAIF and server failure restored from a Networker full server backup.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.