Highlighted
mmoshcs Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Binding to LDAP using UPN

Jump to solution

We're evaluating a new product and it does AD/LDAP integration.

When it attempts to authenticate the user, it use the UPN format for the username.

Is there any solution people are aware of to get this working

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Super Contributor.

Re: Binding to LDAP using UPN

Jump to solution

Thanks everyone for the replies, long story short I stuffed by as I forgot the dsfw domain is a subdomain , ad.shc.sa.edu.au and not shc.sa.edu.au. The returned ldap error of invaliddnsyntax lead me down the wrong path thinking it wasn't supported.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

Can you be a bit more detailed? While you've tagged DOmain Services for Windows, are you actually using it? And what OES version? What is the actual problem you're having?

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Micro Focus Knowledge Partner
No emails please!
http://www.cfc-it.de
0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Yes we are using DSFW, the software we are evaluating attempts to verify network credentials by doing a LDAP simple bind, but it passes the username in UPN format (<username>@<domain>), this results in a LDAP error of InvalidDNSyntax. We're running OES 2018

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

@mmoshcs wrote:

We're evaluating a new product and it does AD/LDAP integration.

When it attempts to authenticate the user, it use the UPN format for the username.

Is there any solution people are aware of to get this working

That's not much to go on...

1. Are you using DSfW?
  2. What is the new product you are evaluating? Maybe someone here is familar with it.
  3. "When it attempts to authenticate": please elaborate... who, what, where, etc.
_____
Kevin Boyle - Knowledge Partner - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Who are the Knowledge Partners?
If you appreciate my comments, please click the Like button.
If I have resolved your issue, please click the Accept as Solution button.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

And do you point it at the ldap instance of DSFW? Or native eDir? In the latter case I'm not surprised. In the former, I am.

And what version?

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Micro Focus Knowledge Partner
No emails please!
http://www.cfc-it.de
0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thanks everyone for the replies, long story short I stuffed by as I forgot the dsfw domain is a subdomain , ad.shc.sa.edu.au and not shc.sa.edu.au. The returned ldap error of invaliddnsyntax lead me down the wrong path thinking it wasn't supported.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.