mmccaffe1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Black Screen after OES2018 Upgrade

marklar23;2475577 wrote:
I am testing the OES2018 upgrade and made a clone of my GroupWise server that also runs Messenger, since SLES 12 is required to upgrade it, and relocated them to my test environment which is an isolated VMWare Workstation that has no Internet access. The upgrade process seems to work fine, I get the Ruby error after the package progress bar portion completes before the OES update happens. I just continue through that step, I brought over another server from the replica so that OES had something to talk to for the upgrade and it completed.

Now after I complete the upgrade process and the system reboots to go into normal operation, after the splash screen goes away I get a black screen. Occasionally I will see the same command line/startup (like after pushing the button to watch services start instead of the splash screen) but a login screen never appears. I can SSH into the machine and it appears that services are running, I just can't access the server directly from a GUI if I needed to. Has anyone else run into this issue and have a resolution? Thanks!

In VMware I found I needed to add more video memory to the VM for OES2018 or I would get a black screen.

-Marty-
0 Likes
marklar23 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Never thought about that. I ended up switching to CLI from GUI mode since that is what I usually used anyway
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

marklar23 wrote:

>
> Never thought about that. I ended up switching to CLI from GUI mode
> since that is what I usually used anyway

If this solution works for you, would you please update this thread and
let others know?

We do appreciate your feedback!

--
Kevin Boyle - Knowledge Partner
If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
please show your appreciation and click on the star below this post.
Thank you.
_____
Kevin Boyle - Knowledge Partner - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Who are the Knowledge Partners?
If you appreciate my comments, please click the Like button.
If I have resolved your issue, please click the Accept as Solution button.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.