infocentrehec Absent Member.
Absent Member.

CIFS : cache error messages

Hi,

cifs.log shows the following messages whenever a user renames a directory from a Windows 7/Mac client (1), or access his home directory from a Mac client (2).
(1)
May 20 16:58:15 hec5 CIFS[11203]: EVENT: RPC: Received rename event for volume: SAV, old path: /Test2, new path: /Test3
May 20 16:58:15 hec5 CIFS[11203]: ERROR: RPC: RenameCacheEntries: Failed to get the cache entry of old path: /Test2 (might be already renamed from CIFS), error: 156
(2)
May 20 11:02:45 hec1 CIFS[9856]: WARNING: CODIR: User do not have privilege to create file /DATA/Contrats assistants/.DS_Store in this directory.
May 20 11:02:45 hec1 CIFS[9856]: ERROR: CODIR: LockCache failed to open file for User : efournie ,Conn no : 124 ,Err : ERR_NO_CREATE_PRIVILEGE, ErrCode : 132, Path : /DATA/Contrats assistants/.DS_Store

No difference if the volume is in a cluster or not.

The users receive no error messages, only the log grows bigger.

I migrated from OES2SP3 to OES11SP2 : message (2) was already present before the migration, and message (1) is new after migration.

I have reset cifs and NSS settings to standards, but no changes.

Thanks for any idea.
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
ataubman Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: CIFS : cache error messages

You don't want to be creating .DS_Store files on network drives in the first place
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1629

The first error seems more like a warning to me, saying the old path is not in the file cache.

Andrew C Taubman (Sorry, support is not provided via e-mail) Opinions expressed above are not necessarily those of Micro Focus.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.