suprad Absent Member.
Absent Member.

CIFS mapping login script

Hi!

We are doing a cifs-mapping with net use command in the novell client login script. It works fine, until the user changes password. It seems that the universal password doesn't synch fast enough and the user gets a user/password denied/error. Anyone have any suggestions for this? The reason we do a cifs-mapping to a netware-server is an application that has bad performance using ncp.

Best regards
Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
donasutton Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: CIFS mapping login script

This is out in left field but i would try creating a group and then making that person a member of a group and then assign the group access to the share.

Don
0 Likes
suprad Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I don't see how this would make the user pass through authentication. Problem is that cifs service is unable to auth. the user, either because password hasn't synched, or because universal password policy has not yet synched the change.

donasutton;1672948 wrote:
This is out in left field but i would try creating a group and then making that person a member of a group and then assign the group access to the share.
0 Likes
donasutton Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Perhaps your servers are not synced. Have you checked this?

Don
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.