Commander
Commander

CIFS service fails to start

Jump to solution

cifsd[14067]: ERROR: ENTRY: DDCLogin() failed Error: -669

The only thing the common proxy handles is CIFS on this server. 

I've tried to change the common proxy password according to TID 7016334 but it fails:

[Status] Running the password change job automatically
Retrieving the current common proxy username from OCS
Executing command: /opt/novell/proxymgmt/bin/cp_retrieve_proxy_cred username
Retrieving the current common proxy username from OCS returned: 0
Thu Nov 5 10:03:42 PST 2020: [Status] Starting Change Password Task
[Status] ENTRY =========>>> cn=OESCommonProxy_[Server],ou=[Server Context]
[Status] Current user is common proxy user
Executing command: /opt/novell/proxymgmt/bin/cp_retrieve_proxy_cred password
Retrieving the current common proxy password from OCS returned: 0
Verifying ndslogin with the existing common proxy credentials.
Ldapsearch command to be executed to verify the common proxy credentials is env LDAPTLS_CACERT=/etc/opt/novell/certs/SSCert.pem /usr/bin/ldapsearch -b -s base -D cn=OESCommonProxy_[Server],ou=[Server Context] -w -H ldaps://127.0.0.1:636
Ldapsearch command executed to verify the common proxy credentials returned: 49
ERROR: Common Proxy credentials verification failed in change password task, exiting the password change task.

What would my next step be?

Server is OES2018 SP1 with latest patches. 

thanks,

Andrew

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
3 Replies
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

And also note that starting with IIRC eDir 8.8.1 a LDAP bind request would also return

ldap_bind: Invalid credentials (49)
additional info: NDS error: failed authentication (-669)

if the bind ID is invalid. In earlier versions (and of course always with NCP)  this would trigger a 601 (no such object). I think this was done to make brute force guys' lifes a little harder.

If you like it: like it.
0 Likes
Commander
Commander

Thank you Matthias,

The fix common proxy script did the trick. I used the 1.5 version for the record.

thanks,

Andrew

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.