markfritz Absent Member.
Absent Member.

CLI NSS Volume owner information

Hi everyone,

I've been struggling to find any information on wether this is possible or not. Is there a tool that will show me who the owner of a file on an NSS volume from the linux command line.

I've looked through the nsscon and tried rights, attrib, metamig and ncpcon and have not been able to see where it shows who the owner of a file is.

I'm trying to script and automated file checker that will notify people close to their quota where all their files are.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
markfritz Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: CLI NSS Volume owner information

Forgot the info:

Running x64 OES2 SP1
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

* markfritz (Mon, 15 Feb 2010 01:26:02 GMT)

> I've been struggling to find any information on wether this is possible
> or not. Is there a tool that will show me who the owner of a file on an
> NSS volume from the linux command line.
>
> I've looked through the nsscon and tried rights, attrib, metamig and
> ncpcon and have not been able to see where it shows who the owner of a
> file is.

ls -l
0 Likes
markfritz Absent Member.
Absent Member.

That only shows me either 'admin' or 'nobody' and not the edirectory owner of the file.

Thorsten Kampe;1933231 wrote:
* markfritz (Mon, 15 Feb 2010 01:26:02
ls -l
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

hi,

I think if the owners are LUM enabled ll and other Linux tools to show them. Otherwise you'll have to use NSS zAPIs or the VFS interface to get them off NSS(I think). The VFS is a lot easier. You pass in a XML request and it sends out a XML reply... Its doced here:http://developer.novell.com/documentation/vfs/vfs__enu/index.html?page=/documentation/vfs/vfs__enu/data/bktitle.html

Look at the "getFileInfo" request in the "files.cmd Definitions" heading...

Good Luck!

Oza

>>> On 2/16/2010 at 05:16 AM, in message

<markfritz.46g8en@no-mx.forums.novell.com>,
markfritz<markfritz@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote:

> That only shows me either 'admin' or 'nobody' and not the edirectory
> owner of the file.
>
> Thorsten Kampe;1933231 Wrote:
>> * markfritz (Mon, 15 Feb 2010 01:26:02
>> ls -l

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.