Highlighted
esappe Contributor.
Contributor.

Can File Changes in iFolder Client be Recovered?

Configuration:
1. SUSE Linux w/ OES 2015 SP1 installed and using iFolder server
2. Windows 10 Client w/ Micro Focus iFolder 3.9.2.1

Problem:
1. I have an iFolder Client 3 on a WIndows 10 machine that didn't sync for two weeks (11/30/19 to 12/17/19).
2. I reverted the folder in the iFolder Client to a Normal folder.
3. Uninstalled iFolder Client 3 from the WIndows 10 computer (including AppData folders)
4. Re-installed iFolder Client 3 on the same Windows 10 computer.
5. Merged/synced the folder with the folder on the iFolder server.
6. After the merge/sync was complete, there were a few files that were on the iFolder server, that overwrote the files on the Windows 10 Client.
7. After research, I've noticed that files that were updated between 12/2 and 12/17 had the same timestamp on the server.
8. I tried to reach as much documentation about iFolder as I could and noticed that incremental file changes are saved/synced with the server.
NOTE: There are several "changlelog" files in the AppData; however, they look like binary files and I'm not able to read them. Not sure if these have anything to do with the incremental file changes.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.