Highlighted
gleahy Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Can I cluster enable ldap as a resource?

I have some software that is accessing edirectory through ldap and can't have ldap go down for any reason. Can I cluster ldap (from oes2)?

Cheers,
Gwen
Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Re: Can I cluster enable ldap as a resource?

I don't know of a way to cluster ldap, but you could make sure ldap
works on all cluster nodes and then cluster an IP address. Then you
would have ldap access on that IP no matter which cluster node it was
loaded on.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Can I cluster enable ldap as a resource?

You can sort of cluster LDAP

Basically make sure that your cluster nodes hosting the virtual IP, have the required replicas for what you need.
Then just make a cluster resource that's JUST an IP

I believe by default LDAP will bind to all IP's and then you can just float the virtual IP around.

You may have a problem with the SSL certs though if you're using secure LDAP, since the SSL cert will change, depending on which server/node it's on. But I think you may be able to create a new one just for that IP or something.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.