Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Can't Get OES2-Updates As Catalog

I've installed an OES 2 Linux server, and I'm trying to set up updates for both SLES 10 and OES 2. From the Novell Customer Center I've obtained our activation codes for SLES 10 and OES 2, and input them using the Novell Customer Center Configuration. The end of the process indicates Your configuration was successful, yet when I view the available updates there are no OES 2 updates. if I run rug ca the results show SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP1, Novell Open Enterprise Server 2, and SLES10-SP1-Updates as subscribed, but OES2-Updates doesn't appear at all.

How can I get OES2-Updates to appear so I can get my OES 2 patches?

Thank you.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

bdkmcgl;1669786 wrote:
I've installed an OES 2 Linux server, and I'm trying to set up updates for both SLES 10 and OES 2. From the Novell Customer Center I've obtained our activation codes for SLES 10 and OES 2, and input them using the Novell Customer Center Configuration. The end of the process indicates Your configuration was successful, yet when I view the available updates there are no OES 2 updates. if I run rug ca the results show SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP1, Novell Open Enterprise Server 2, and SLES10-SP1-Updates as subscribed, but OES2-Updates doesn't appear at all.

How can I get OES2-Updates to appear so I can get my OES 2 patches?

Thank you.

I've seen this before, and found that if I rug ref and rug up the server, the OES2 updates come down with the SLES updates. Give that a try and see if you see NDS patches coming in (or other eDirectory/OES component patches).

Sam

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

* bdkmcgl (Tue, 28 Oct 2008 19:26:03 GMT)
> I've installed an OES 2 Linux server, and I'm trying to set up updates
> for both SLES 10 and OES 2. From the Novell Customer Center I've
> obtained our activation codes for SLES 10 and OES 2, and input them
> using the Novell Customer Center Configuration. The end of the process
> indicates Your configuration was successful, yet when I view the
> available updates there are no OES 2 updates. if I run rug ca the
> results show SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP1, Novell Open Enterprise
> Server 2, and SLES10-SP1-Updates as subscribed, but OES2-Updates doesn't
> appear at all.
>
> How can I get OES2-Updates to appear so I can get my OES 2 patches?

Please have a look at TID 3150078

http://www.novell.com/support/php/search.do?cmd=displayKC&externalId=

Thorsten
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank you for your reply.

After repeated attempts to register with our activation code I finally got a confirmation e-mail and was able to see and add the catalog.

Go figure.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank you. I get the sense I'll need this in the future.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.