UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Cant find Tress

Dear All Friends

i configured new two servers with Netware 5 and Netware 6 on the same subnet and gateway

NW6 use xxx.xxx.xxx.200
xxx.xxx.xxx.201
NW% use xxx.xxx.xxx.202

if i turn on only NW6, clients can access server
if i turn on only NW5, clients can access server
if i turn on both servers, clients can see only NW5's tree while client login.After login i can access NW6 by ip...

How can i see both trees while login screen?

Thank you all
Serdar
Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

What does your SLP configuration look like? Do you have a DA and are the clients configured to use it? ("display slpda" on the server and "slpinfo /d" on the client will answer that) If you do a "display slp services" on each server do they each see all services?

TID #7002120 (SLP Design and Implementation Guidelines 0 263744254) is a comprehensive guide to configuring a workable and scalable SLP infrastructure.

Ian

--
Ian Pattison, CNE, CCNA
SERVMAN.CA
Web: http://www.servman.ca
Twitter: @servmanca
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

So these 2 servers are in 2 different trees? Interesting. Anyway, Make sure hosts files on both servers name the other server and make sure host files on Clients contain the IP Numbers and names of both servers as well. Also make sure you have given right to both servers to the users who need access. IMHO, SLP is not needed here...just good hosts files.

--El

erbomsan;2135188 wrote:
Dear All Friends

i configured new two servers with Netware 5 and Netware 6 on the same subnet and gateway

NW6 use xxx.xxx.xxx.200
xxx.xxx.xxx.201
NW% use xxx.xxx.xxx.202

if i turn on only NW6, clients can access server
if i turn on only NW5, clients can access server
if i turn on both servers, clients can see only NW5's tree while client login.After login i can access NW6 by ip...

How can i see both trees while login screen?

Thank you all
Serdar

El LaGrew elbert.lagrew#katun.com elagrew on twitter
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.