Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Change 'Computer Only Logon' text

Hello,

I'm wondering if there is a way to change the actual text of "Computer Only Logon" to something else. I still want the option available, but for some reason Users are trying to click it, then log in (which obviously fails). I'm just wanting to change the text to say something that may point them in the right direction - Like "Enter your ID"

I'd still like to have the option itself enabled for IT staff.
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Novell Doc: Novell Client 2 SP3 for Windows Administration Guide - Setting Properties on a Single Workstation after Installation

You can specify :

Default bitmap for Novell Login dialog: Specifies the path and filename for a bitmap that will be used on the Novell Login dialog in place of the default Novell Client bitmap. Custom bitmap sizes can be used, but will affect the overall size of the Novell Login dialog.

Default bitmap for Welcome screen tiles: Specifies the path and filename for a bitmap that will be used on the Welcome screen tiles whenever a user-specific bitmap is not yet known. Note that Windows imposes the size limit on any bitmap used for a Welcome screen tile, and will stretch / deform the bitmap provided to conform to that limit as needed.

Perhaps you could make the bitmap include the explanatory text you want.

Andrew C Taubman (Sorry, support is not provided via e-mail) Opinions expressed above are not necessarily those of Micro Focus.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.