fkrieser Absent Member.
Absent Member.
1487 views

Change mountpoint of Homedirectory

Hi,

can somebody tell me, if i can change the Mountpoint of the Homedirectory, because of if i have a local account, the Homedirectory won´t be mounted.

Thx

Felix
Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
matthewdefoor Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Change mountpoint of Homedirectory

fkrieser;2173495 wrote:
Hi,

can somebody tell me, if i can change the Mountpoint of the Homedirectory, because of if i have a local account, the Homedirectory won´t be mounted.

Thx

Felix


I assume that you're referring to this in the context of the plug-in. Simply changing your home directory attribute in eDirectory will not resolve the issue where you already have a local account with the same name as your eDirectory account and wish to authenticate and mount storage via the plug-in. The authentication mechanism in OS X does not work this way. Once it finds a local account with that entered in loginwindow, it will only attempt to authenticate that account against the local authentication authority.

If you already have a local account, you are better off using the Desktop Client in this scenario.

Cheers,
Matt
0 Likes
fkrieser Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Change mountpoint of Homedirectory

matthewdefoor;2173520 wrote:
I assume that you're referring to this in the context of the plug-in. Simply changing your home directory attribute in eDirectory will not resolve the issue where you already have a local account with the same name as your eDirectory account and wish to authenticate and mount storage via the plug-in. The authentication mechanism in OS X does not work this way. Once it finds a local account with that entered in loginwindow, it will only attempt to authenticate that account against the local authentication authority.

If you already have a local account, you are better off using the Desktop Client in this scenario.

Cheers,
Matt


Ok, thanks.
But then I start the Client, the full Path of the Share is mounted and I have to browse through the whole Infrastructur.
Can you tell me how to mount the homedirectory directly?

Next Problem is, in the Kanaka-Plugin, I can´t mount other shares, like in this screenshot:
0 Likes
matthewdefoor Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Change mountpoint of Homedirectory

fkrieser;2174133 wrote:
Ok, thanks.
But then I start the Client, the full Path of the Share is mounted and I have to browse through the whole Infrastructur.
Can you tell me how to mount the homedirectory directly?

Next Problem is, in the Kanaka-Plugin, I can´t mount other shares, like in this screenshot:


AFP doesn't allow you to mount directly to a particular path. However, in the Kanaka Desktop Client you can double-click on the items in the sidebar and it will take you directly to that location.

What other shares are you trying to mount? How are they configured? Are you trying to mount just ad-hoc shares? If so, you could set them up via Storage Location Objects.

You'll need to be a bit more specific on what you are trying to accomplish.

Cheers,
Matt
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.