Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Changing subnet for OES2/11 servers

Have a site that customer recently changed network thus changing the subnet mask. He ran the ipchange script manually to change the ipaddress and changed the subnet as well. It work fine, but doesn't talk edirectory anymore since the change. I believe it is due to the subnet change. The other servers, which are OES2, need to have their subnet mask changed as well. Can you just change the mask on the fly without effecting services running on those servers? Doesn't need to change ip address, just the mask.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

if it's just the subnet mask shouldn't be a problem at all

i'd have a quick look at the edir logs on the box and do some basic testing first though to make sure its not something else causing edir to not talk

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

I have done that before and it did not break anything. If you have changed subnet mask you have probably also have to change it on your router so packet are route correctly.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.