Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Conz Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Cifs login error 601

I'm trying to get CIFS going on a SLES10sp3 with OES2sp2 but I cant get users to log in properly.

Dec 14 15:17:13 <server> CIFS[19759]: WARNING: CODIR: Failed to authenticate User : <user> from <ip>
Dec 14 15:17:13 <server> CIFS[19759]: CRITICAL: AUTH: Login Failed.tempSES->nwLoginError is -601

So far I have checked:
nmas login metod is there.
Universal password is enabled on container and default login policy (We use IDM as well which requires it too)
cifsproxyuser has the same policy as a working cifsproxyuser (this is our 2nd cifs server)

the only difference is that with our 1st server, cifs was installed during the initial install and it is an sp3 server. With this 2nd server cifs was installed yesterday, and its been running since OES2sp2 was new.

During installation it complained about a policy not being enabled on the user containers, which is where i added the policy to the actual containers afterwards.
This last bit is probably where the problem is .. but I cant find whats wrong.

Anyone any ideas ?

-
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Conz Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Cifs login error 601

Problem solved, turns out cifs search context is not recursive. After adding the specific ou to the search path it worked.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

On 20/12/2011 09:26, Conz wrote:

> Problem solved, turns out cifs search context is not recursive. After
> adding the specific ou to the search path it worked.

FYI with OES2 SP3 support was added to CIFS for subtree search.

HTH.
--
Simon
Novell/SUSE/NetIQ Knowledge Partner

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you work with Novell technologies at a university, college or school?
If so, your campus could benefit from joining the Novell Technology
Transfer Partner (TTP) program. See novell.com/ttp for more details.
0 Likes
Conz Absent Member.
Absent Member.

smflood;2162530 wrote:

FYI with OES2 SP3 support was added to CIFS for subtree search.

HTH.
--
Simon
Novell/SUSE/NetIQ Knowledge Partner

Do you work with Novell technologies at a university, college or school?
If so, your campus could benefit from joining the Novell Technology
Transfer Partner (TTP) program. See novell.com/ttp for more details.

Good to know, thanks.

This is an SP2 server but we have plans on migrating it to a new cluster that is running SP3.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.