Highlighted
ktl Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Clearing Connections From File?

Hi,

I'am using NetWare 6.5-Sp8 and looking for a command or tool that clears all connections from a specific file or directory. It's because I have to update
template files periodically and I would like to schedule this over night.
Is there something available for NetWare like "ncpcon files close" for OES-Linux?

Thank You for any ideas.
KlausT
Labels (2)
0 Likes
5 Replies
ataubman Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Clearing Connections From File?

The closest would be CLEAR STATION ALL, but that cuts all connections, not just file handles.

Andrew C Taubman (Sorry, support is not provided via e-mail) Opinions expressed above are not necessarily those of Micro Focus.
0 Likes
ktl Absent Member.
Absent Member.

thanks Andrew,

yes clearing all connections could be a problem.....

Best Regards
KlausT
0 Likes
ataubman Absent Member.
Absent Member.

You can dismount the volumes, assuming they are non-SYS. There's a y/n question that comes up, so you'd need to feed a "y" character to the screen, maybe stuffkey.nlm is a possibility there.

Andrew C Taubman (Sorry, support is not provided via e-mail) Opinions expressed above are not necessarily those of Micro Focus.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

On Tue, 14 Jul 2009 14:06:03 +0000, ktl wrote:

> I'am using NetWare 6.5-Sp8 and looking for a command or tool that clears
> all connections from a specific file or directory.

JRB Utilities (http://www.jrbsoftware.com) I believe has a tool for this.

--
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
David Gersic dgersic_@_niu.edu
Novell Knowledge Partner http://forums.novell.com

Please post questions in the newsgroups. No support provided via email.

0 Likes
ktl Absent Member.
Absent Member.

thanks David, I will take a look to this.

Best Regards
KlausT
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.