Absent Member.
Absent Member.
3520 views

Client connects to server, but doesn't map drives

A Windows 7 PC with Client 2 takes a user's login credentials and authenticates them to the tree, but doesn't accomplish the drive mappings that are called in the login script. When I show the Netware Connections, she shows as connected to the tree and authenticated. When we open up "My Computer" she doesn't have her drives mapped that should come from the server.
Then, while logged in as her, I right-clicked on the red-N, and logged in as the Admin. The same workstation, with the same Windows user, processed the login script and mapped the drives for the admin. So the workstation and its software can run the script and map the drives.
The server is running Netware 6.5.2. I presume that I need to update the server, but the other Windows 7 PCs aren't having the problem.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
7 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Check this thread where I posted the solution that worked for us.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi again:

Am 26.02.2010 16:06, schrieb thomas-j:
>
> Check 'this thread'
> (http://forums.novell.com/novell-product-support-forums/open-enterprise-server/oes-platform-independent/oes-client-windows/401269-no-login-script-no-mapped-drives.html)
> where I posted the solution that worked for us.


Same problem here with one WS (of 3). I checked the solution above - no
change...

Any further hints?
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

When first logging into her account can you check the client options to make
sure that processing of login scripts is enabled and that the closing of
login script results is not enabled. That way if you can see the outcome of
whatever login scripts are being run (personal, container, profile, included
container and possibly included file) and you can also see what commands are
being run, or not being run or failing to execute properly. Since this may
be user account related have you tested with a the same user account on
another machine?


Cheers,

Ron
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

we have an SR with Novell on this same issue,

during loging, the script isn't processed, regardless if show
loginscript, run loginscript, close loginscript,etc is checked.
And, for us, logging in through the red-N when in windows works.

They(novell) have been online with our setup and done captures and
stuff, so who knows,, maybe they'll find out something.

For the time beeing, it really doesn't seem to matter whatever options
or settings you do when/if you have a client that skips the script.
This includes re-install (the client) which doesn't seem to help
either.

On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 21:26:02 GMT, WFRUSH
<WFRUSH@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote:

>
>A Windows 7 PC with Client 2 takes a user's login credentials and
>authenticates them to the tree, but doesn't accomplish the drive
>mappings that are called in the login script. When I show the Netware
>Connections, she shows as connected to the tree and authenticated. When
>we open up "My Computer" she doesn't have her drives mapped that should
>come from the server.
>Then, while logged in as her, I right-clicked on the red-N, and
>logged in as the Admin. The same workstation, with the same Windows
>user, processed the login script and mapped the drives for the admin. So
>the workstation and its software can run the script and map the drives.
>The server is running Netware 6.5.2. I presume that I need to
>update the server, but the other Windows 7 PCs aren't having the
>problem.


0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Am 10.03.2010 07:10, schrieb emerson.nospam@charger.se:
> we have an SR with Novell on this same issue,
>
> during loging, the script isn't processed, regardless if show
> loginscript, run loginscript, close loginscript,etc is checked.
> And, for us, logging in through the red-N when in windows works.


I can confirm this behaviour. It occurs on one of three stations.

2 stations are fine...
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Emerson,

do you use ZCM in your environment?

best


Am 10.03.2010 07:10, schrieb emerson.nospam@charger.se:
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yes,, and that itself have been a nightmare,
seems quite important in which order the ZenAgent and the NwAgent is
installed.

IF re-installing the nw-agent after zen, then login goes very fast,
but then the zenagent doesnt log-in.



On Wed, 10 Mar 2010 13:19:47 GMT, Gunnar Blase <gua@gmx.net> wrote:

>Emerson,
>
>do you use ZCM in your environment?
>
>best
>
>
>Am 10.03.2010 07:10, schrieb emerson.nospam@charger.se:


0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.